Monday, August 27, 2012

D-I-Y #1 Denim Vest Hoodie


I've been wanting a sweater like this for ages and since I couldn't find one anywhere I decided to make one. Well to be honest, my sister did the cutting and sewing and well pretty much the whole jacket..so I owe it all to her, really. 

All you need is :

1) A denim jacket/denim vest
2) A sweater of your choice
3) Scissors
4) Thread
5) Needle
6) Patience

Steps

1) First off, lay out the stuff on the floor or wherever you're comfortable. Hehe. Start by cutting the sleeves of the denim jacket, unless you already have a denim vest then this step is not necessary.

2) After cutting the sleeves, cut the sleeves off your sweater, make sure its longer than your wrist bone.

3) Sew it to the denim vest.

4) Cut the hoodie of the sweater.

5) Sew it to the inner part of the denim vest so it overlaps the collar.

6) WALAA YOU ARE DONE!

It's pretty simple but sewing the hoodie can be quite difficult but it depends on how thick your hoodie is. You kind of want it to be thick, so it doesn't end up looking flat on your vest. Hope this helps!

No comments: