Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cause We Care


A friend of mine asked if I wanted in to feed all the homeless people in the city yesterday. How could anyone ever say no to something like that? And boy was I glad that I went along because last night was truly a great experience. To actually witness starvation right infront of your eyes, oh dear God, how it brought tears to my eyes. Seeing how they were asleep on actual cardboard boxes while some just slept on the ground with nothing but a few sheets of newspaper changed my perception in a lot of things. There were some who were fast asleep yet managed to wake up as they heard footsteps and immediately thank God as they realized that we were giving out food. 

Oh how we complain of the petty things in life, do we not see how lucky we are?

No comments: